Believe it or not, online gaming is the biggest thing today. Capitalizing on this gigantic market, app developers are constantly launching new games with the best graphics and highly engaging gameplay. Not just that, they design and create them in various formats to cater to a varied audience.
Now if you’re a diehard fan of online games, here’s a lowdown on the different genres; something you definitely need to know.
1. Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG) – Gaming actually saw a spurt when it became social with the introduction of Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPG). The rush and adventure lies in competing with other players, playing simultaneously in the virtual world. They are called pretending games because you take up roles as you travel through the game. Most of these are not free; you have to pay to access certain top notch features or to step up.
2. Real time strategy – As the name suggests, real time strategy games call for an immediate response from the players; it is played in real time. They W88club combine strategy and action and can be highly addictive. Real time strategy includes building the inventory by gathering resources, fighting armies, building base, creating units and exploring areas.
3. Action and adventure – They are set against a story in fantasy worlds or adventure lands. They are fast-paced and involve combats with enemies, puzzles, missions and quests. Completing successive missions result in the character leveling up and earning armor, weaponry, potions and so forth Unlike MMORPG and real-time strategy formats, these are generally single-player ones.
4. Casino games – Casino games replicate the real world of the casinos on the World Wide Web. Many of these are played with real cash. It offers the excitement of playing in a casino. There are also real bonuses and prizes to be won.
5. Sports games – If you are a sports buff, sports games will grab your interest. The most popular ones on the web are football, basketball and baseball. They are organized into levels. You can choose to play along, against the computer or compete against another player. Many are displayed on actual sporting events.
6. Simulation games – Simulation games are real-life situations played out in game settings. Think about the number of farming games you’ve played, or that marvelous city you’ve constructed or the virtual individuals you’ve cared for, or the pet zoos you’ve managed. If you’re looking for action and adventure, simulation games do not fit the bill. They are about using time productively, strategy advancement, decision making. Nevertheless, simulation games promise you fun time.